The course Parallel Linear Algebra (PLA) focuses on modern parallel methods for solving large linear systems of equations on parallel computers.
It is organized as a joined event of the National Supercomputing Center IT4Innovations and the French Maison de la Simulation, which is one of the six PRACE Advanced Training Centres, providing high-level training for the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE). Moreover, it will be co-located with the traditional Seminar on Numerical Analysis and Winter School 2017 (SNA), held on 30 January - 3 February 2017.
Detailed information, including agenda and registration, is available on the PLA web page on the PRACE events portal.
(For SNA registration, visit its web page (in Czech).)
Capacity and Fees
- For participants interested in both SNA and PLA (including hands-on), two separate registrations are necessary.
- Through the SNA registration, one can book accommodation also for PLA. If you intend to participate just in PLA, please find a hotel by yourself (see the links below for recommendations).
- See the links below also for transport recommendations.
- We offer complimentary lunches for PLA participants.
- Computer accounts will be available for the hands-on on Anselm and/or Salomon. Participants will need laptops of their own configured for access to those machines via wireless.
- Documentation for IT4Innovations' computer systems is available at http://support.it4i.cz/docs.
The course is supported by PRACE and by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports from the programme Large Infrastructures for Research, Experimental Development and Innovations as part of the project „IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center – LM2015070“.