Introduction to the OpenFOAM open source package for CFD simulations on HPC infrastructure. The course will guide participants through basic geometry and mesh generation, physical modelling, visualization and parallel computation.
Purpose of the course (benefits for the attendees)
The course provides a tour around all fundamental parts of OpenFOAM. It is useful for new users and beginners in CFD simulations by using open source code.
About the tutor
Tomáš Brzobohatý is a researcher at the Czech IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center. He is part of a team providing services for industrial partners in the field of CFD and CSM analysis.
|Day 1: 9:30 – 18:00|
Geometry and Meshing
|Day 2: 09:00 – 15:00|
|Physical modelling and numerical simulations|
• initial and boundary condition
• incompressible simulations - SIMPLE/PISO/PIMPLE solvers, hands-on session
• transport and turbulent models
• solution monitoring and control
• linear solvers setting
• run in parallel on workstation/laptop/supercomputer
• programming boundary condition
Tips and tricks
There are no prerequisites for course participants. Basic knowledge of Linux usage is beneficial.
Capacity and Fees
- See the links below for how to get to the campus of VŠB - Technical University Ostrava, and to the IT4Innovations building.
- Documentation for IT4Innovations' computer systems is available at https://docs.it4i.cz/.