St, 10.09.2014 9:30 - 16:30
VŠB - Technical University Ostrava, new IT4Innovations building, room 450
Patrick Wohlschlegel (Allinea, UK)
Technical workshop delivered by an Allinea expert to get started debugging and profiling HPC applications on the IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center
Purpose of the workshop (benefits for the attendees)
After the workshop, the attendees will be able to:
- know about the Allinea tools available at IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center and have the opportunity to adopt best practices methods
- get started with Allinea tools on the Anselm supercomputer to ease development and reduce the time to resolve problems
- understand the core features of a professional debugger and profile
|Wednesday, September 10, 2014|
|10:00-11:45||Introduction to Allinea tools|
Getting started with Allinea DDT (parallel debugger)
|11:45-13:00||time for lunch|
|13:00-14:15||Getting started with Allinea MAP (parallel profiler)|
|14:45-16:30||Review of advanced features for Allinea DDT and Allinea MAP|
Questions and wrap-up
- good knowledge of C/C++ and/or Fortran languages for HPC development
- basic knowledge of parallelism (MPI, multithreaded, accelerators...)
- a laptop (for participants willing to follow actively the demonstrations on Anselm)
Obligatory registration - registration form here; registration period prolonged to September 5, 2014 or exhausted course capacity.
The event is provided free of charge for the participants.
- The participants are encuraged to bring their laptops, to be able to manipulate and play with the tools.
- Anselm cluster documentation is available at http://support.it4i.cz/docs. You can find sections on Allinea DDT/MAP there (c.f. Links below).
- See a special page on transport (in Czech) how to get to the campus of VŠB - Technical University Ostrava and to the new IT4Innovations building.